- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost!
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Plant current height: approximately 5cm
- Glass globe: approx 10cm diameter
This hanging terrarium kit makes a great gift and comes with an Tillandsia argentea 'air plant' (it's one of the easiest air plants to grow). Simply supply your own strong string or fishing line and if you wish you can add a little sand or gravel and its ready to hang.
- Home care: These plants do need a humid environment to thrive, so a bright bathroom or steamy kitchen would be ideal. Misting with water a couple of times a week usually supplies sufficient water, although additional watering may be required in a dry hot environment. Remember to shake off any excess water though as they dislike ovrwatering and should never be allowed to sit in water for any length of time. If possible use rain water, especially in hard water areas, and never use water from a water softener.