- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
A superb new cream coloured form of the much loved common jasmine, but with larger flowers and even more fragrance. This versatile, deciduous climber appreciates a sheltered, sunny, well-drained site, and can cope with dry conditions. Since it spreads quickly in all directions, it's ideal for covering a large south or west facing wall or an unsightly garden building. To best appreciate the fragrant flowers, choose a site close to a house entrance or well-used path. In small gardens, it is best planted in a pot and trained up a trellis or wall.
- Garden care: After flowering remove old and over-crowded shoots. Prune hard in autumn to keep it within bounds, but be warned that flowering will be retarded the following year.
“Soft-cream flowers, larger than usual, pack a more powerful scent on this softly-toned climber for a warm place - sensational close to purple viticella clematis like ‘Etoile Violette”
Val Bourne - Garden Writer