- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes No3 potting compost for container-grown plants)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is an incredibly versatile plant. While young, it can be used as evergreen infill, and to hang over the edges of, hanging baskets, window boxes and patio pots. When it gets a little bigger, it is ideal for smothering a north-facing wall or fence, while if there is nothing for it to clamber onto, it will make decorative (and weed suppressing) groundcover. The variegation on the leaves can be variable, ranging in shades of rich green to near-white, and once it's established, its a doddle to grow. This makes it perfect for low maintenace schemes, where it will look good all through the year.
- Garden care: Water specimens grown as houseplants regularly during the growing season, providing a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Keep moist during the winter months. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy