- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: October and November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This popular ivy has small, three to five-lobed, grey-green leaves with silver-grey and cream markings. It's a versatile, evergreen climber that will snake up a shady or sunny wall without support. Mature plants have clusters of yellowish-green, autumn flowers, followed by spherical black fruit.
- Garden care: Water specimens grown as houseplants regularly during the growing season, providing a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Keep moist during the winter months. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy