- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
When we discovered this amazing new plant at one of the plant fairs this year we just had to have it! It produces masses of flowers just like the much-loved climbing form, but it grows as a relatively compact shrub, which lends itself particularly well to patio pots. The flowers have a deliciously sweet perfume and will appear over a long period from midsummer onwards - and they are loved by bees and butterflies.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.