- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A robust, deciduous climber which is a cottage garden classic. From midsummer to early autumn they produce very fragrant yellow flowers with tones of pinkish salmon that fade with age. They are then followed by bright, shiny red berries.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering if they become too rampant, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.