- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Fabulously fragrant, large, tubular, white flowers, ageing to yellow, from July to September and oval, mid-green leaves. This vigorous, deciduous climber will soon cover a boundary wall or fence in a sunny site. Later flowering than many other varieties of honeysuckle it's ideal for a cottage or wildlife garden.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.
“Nothing beats the sweet honeyed fragrance perfuming the warm, soft mellow air of a summer’s evening. Remember to take hardwood cuttings in Autumn of this indispensable plant –they are easy to do and almost foolproof”
Lucy Summers - Greenfingers Guides