- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wilt-resistant and free-flowering over a long period, this new clematis makes a great choice for a smaller garden, a large patio pot or anywhere you want to get a lot of bang for your buck. Throughout the growing season it's clothed in lush, deep green foliage, against which the yellow-eyed, rich purple flowers (to 7cm across) are studded from midsummer on.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.