- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Throughout the summer and well into autumn, this handsome and reliable group 3 clematis, produces a profusion of blooms. Each one has somewhat crinkled, soft blue flowers, which surround a boss of yellow stamens, which draw in the pollinators, while putting on a stunning and prolonged display.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.