- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Each flower can grow up to 28cm across, so when in full bloom they put on a pretty impressive display. They emerge with a faint creamy stripe down the centre of each wavy-edged tepal, but this stripe quickly turns white as the flower opens. The first flush of flowers is very showy in late spring and early summer and there is usually a second (less prolific) flush in late summer and early autumn. A fabulous new cultivar, which is already winning awards.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.