- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
The wax-like, creamy-white sepals, which surround a prominent boss of cream anthers, emerge from pale green buds and become paler, and more flared at their tips as they mature. These small, nodding, urn-shaped flowers contrast well with the rich green foliage.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.