Lilium 'Orange Marmalade'
turkscap lily bulb
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 10+
Slender arching petals form gracefully nodding flowers throughout the early part of summer. Their vibrant and intense colouring makes them and ideal choice for a hot themed border where they mix easily with shades of red and yellow.
The RSPCA have recently reported that all parts of lilies can be fatal to cats, including the flower, leaves and pollen. For more information visit Rspca.org
- Garden care: Plant 15-20cm (6-8in) deep in a well-drained soil, enriched with well-rotted organic matter or leaf mould, using a marker to minimise any unnecessary disturbance. Stake with ring stakes or bamboo canes in spring before the flowers appear. Deadhead the faded blooms and cut the stems back to ground level at the end of autumn.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs