Hyacinthus orientalis 'Pink Pearl'
garden hyacinth bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit or bulb fibre)
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April - May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 16/17
'Pink Pearl' has soft, rose pink flowers forming a dense, cylindrical cluster A wonderful addition to pots and window-boxes, it also looks lovely planted in clumps or drifts throughout the border. Plant it near a pathway or entrance, so the scent can best be appreciated.
- Garden care: Using gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 15cm (6in) apart in early or mid-autumn.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant