- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Fondant has a flowerspike which is crowded with flaring, bell-shaped flowers that have a deliciously sweet scent. The petals are a soft shade of appleblossom pink, becoming paler towards the outer edge.
- Garden care: Using gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 15cm (6in) apart in early or mid-autumn.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant