- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Larger than average white flowers create a showy display in the border from early summer, and make wonderful additions to the vase. The upright, sword-shaped foliage is also handsome, forming in distinctive basal fans.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 25cm apart on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown and store the corms in a dry, frost-free place over winter
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs