- Position: bright filtered light (once the bulbs are starting to shoot)
- Soil: pebbles supplied
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February and March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 7/8
- Contents: 4 purple crocus bulbs
This set comes complete with a chunky glass jar (with wirework carrying handle), a pouch of pebbles and 6 purple-flowering crocus bulbs. They are so easy to grow, and they will put on a really pretty display when in full bloom. After the flowers have faded, the crocus can be planted out in the garden where they will come up year after year, spreading in time to form a generous drift. The glass jar can be rinsed out and used as a tealight holder during the summer months. If you keep the pebbles, then you can buy a few more bulbs in the autumn and repeat the whole process.
- Home care: Check the bulbs are upright, stable and slightly bedded into the stones. Carefully add water ensuring the water does not touch the base of the bulbs. Place in a cool, dark place (7-9C) for about 10-12 weeks. Check the water weekly. Once the shoots are about 4cm tall, place in a light position (18-20C) maintaining the water level. Once in flower, move to a cool, bright position to prolong life. Turn occasionally as the flowers will grow towards the light. After flowering, bulbs can be planted in the garden. After purchasestore in a cool and dry place.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs