- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 12/14
An exceptionally early flowering variety, that will produce its elegant, bi-coloured blooms as early as January. The flowers are very pretty, each with a large soft lemon cup, which is surrounded by a creamy white perianth (collar). These top stout and short(ish) stems, so will take poor weather in their stride, and will make them ideal for pots and windowboxes. 'Spring Dawn' is brilliant for extending the season and providing a much needed splash of colour in the late winter garden.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and a similar distance apart from late summer to mid autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant