- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: September to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size:5/7
Beautiful, bluish-violet, goblet-shaped flowers with deep blue veins from September to November, followed by narrow, mid-green leaves. This popular autumn-flowering crocus is ideal for naturalising in a sunny shrub border among deciduous shrubs. Often the earliest autumn crocus to bloom, it soon increases to form large colonies.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in July or August in gritty, well-drained soil. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the lawn until after the leaves have died back.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs