- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 5/7
In spring, large white daisy-like flowers (to 4cm across) emerge above the attractively lobed, dark green foliage. Each petal has a pink flushed reverse and they all sit around a boss of yellow stamens. Wood anemones are ideal for underplanting shrubs or trees.
- Garden care: Plant in naturalistic drifts 5-8cm (2-3in) deep and 15cm apart in September or October in well-drained, humus-rich soil.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs