- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A great way to bulk up your perennial borders, these large plug plants are useful for adding height as well as colour. This collection contains 60 large plug plants - 20 of each of the following.
Grown in individual plug cells, each plant measures about 5 - 7cm tall (from the base of the root to the top of the plant). They are ideal for keen gardeners who have a greenhouse where the plants can be grown on until they are ready for planting out in the garden once all chance of frost has passed.
- Alcea 'Chaters Double Mixed'From rounded buds, many-petalled flowers open upwards from the base of the sturdy, upright stems. The blooms are attractive to bees and other beneficial insects and are particularly ornamental. Grows to 2.5m.
- Delphinium 'Guardian Mixed'Relatively compact in habit, these stout delphiniums are now widely grown by cut-flower specialists, because of their ability to bloom so quickly after being transplanted. They are however equally useful in the border, providing magnificent colums of colour for several weeks from early summer.Grows to 1.2m.
- Digitalis 'Dalmatian Mixed'A breakthrough in breeding has produced these new 'Dalmatian' foxgloves, which will usually flower in their first year. They form tidy clumps of foliage, but it is for the wonderful spires of thimble-like flowers that open upwards from the base of the spike in summer, that they are best-loved. Grows to 60cm.
Please note that as we grow these for especially for you, we need to take full payment when you place your order so as to reserve stock for you. See above for despatch dates for this particular plant. To ensure that your plants arrive in the best possible condition each pack will be despatched individually.
Click for information about bedding plug sizes