- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to the first frosts
- Hardiness: frost tender
The flowers of this impressive fuchsia grow up to 8cm across, and their unusual deep magenta-purple and red colouring is really quite eye-catching. Forming on trailing stems, its ideal for draping over the edges of a pot or hanging basket.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month.