- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to the first frosts
- Hardiness: frost tender
What a stunning little plant this is! Grown to flower early and to keep on flowering through to first frosts, you will have plenty of time to appreciate it. The emerging pinky/red buds explode to expose rich red and white petals delicately streaked with pale pink covering the plant. Generally grown as an annual this lovely plant with a compact habit will shine in containers or at the front of a border.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month.