- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: late autumn/winter
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Vivid red shuttlecock-like flowers, stand proud of the pretty heart shaped marbled leaves on this bushy half hardy annual. Planted en-masse in a sheltered window box, or protected in a cool conservatory these will add a burst of colour to brighten your day.
- Garden care: These half hardy annual will need protection from frosts so place them in a sheltered spot or where you can cover them with a frost fleece. Deadheading will prolonge flowering.