- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Leaves: narrow, mid-green
- Canes: green-grooved, golden-yellow turning bright red in sunlight
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tall bamboo with green-grooved, golden-yellow canes, which can flash with shades of red in the sun, fading to darker yellow with age. This colourful variety looks great alongside the ebony-black canes of the black bamboo, Phyllostachys nigra. This aptly named coloured-stemmed bamboo is one of our 'highly recommended plants'.
- Garden care: In smaller gardens, surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier that restricts the plant's spread.
“Probably the best colour-caned bamboo with custard-yellow canes bar coded in deep green and this bamboo can produce zigzag stems as well”
Val Bourne - Garden Writer