- Position:bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 70cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This has to be one of the most amazing houseplants. Stunning, richly coloured heavily veined leaves, will dazzle you with a patten of red, gold, orange, yellow and green. Perfect for a warm humid bathroom or kitchen, or to add a touch of the tropics to your indoor swimming pool or conservatory.
- Home care: Beauty like this needs certain requirements but given the right conditions this striking plant will thrive. Place it on a warm east or west facing windowsill with a constant temperature of no less than 16°C, but not in direct sun. It likes moist air so mist the leaves regularly, or stand it on a tray of damp pebbles so the moisture can evaporate into the atmsophere. Water freely from spring to autumn with tepid water keeping the compost moist, reducing through the winter months. Feed through the growing season with a liquid fertiliser.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant