- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
These plants are bought for their stunning foliage, and wow! they are spectacular. This variety's leaves have deep green veins on a white background, flushed with a soft pink. The underside of the leaves also has a darker pink colouring. As the leaves are quite firm and stand away from the plant this helps to show off the wonderful pattern and colouring on each leaf.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.