- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 70cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
An impressive plant, that will usually carry on flowering for several weeks if kept in a cool, bright room. Cymbidium orchids are often heralded as exotic beauties and this certainly no exception. Each plant has three spikes laden with raspberry pink flowers or buds, so when in full flower it look nothing short of spectacular. Make sure you support these beautiful flower spikes with small canes as they grow.
- Home care: This orchid prefers cooler growing conditions, between 10-14°C in the winter, and below 30°C in the summer in a well lit place, with good ventilation but not in full sun. Let the compost dry out slightly on the surface before watering with tepid soft water, or rainwater, allowing any excess water to drain away and then remove - don't leave the plant sitting in water. Feed through the summer with an orchid feed. It may produce roots outside the pot, but this is nothing to worry about. Once the flowers have finished, cut back the flower spikes to the base.