- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: periodically throughout the year
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Waxy pink flowers with a prominent 'tail' appear off and on throughout the year on this pretty houseplant. Its relatively easy to look after and even when not in bloom, the glossy green leaves still look great. This plant is still pretty easy to care for - and it will last a lot, lot longer than a bunch of flowers.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 15°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant