- Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Position: prefers a sunny windowsill
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (including pot)
- Pot covers:choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Originating from semi-arid regions, this desert rose is a beautiful and unusual addition to our house plant range. Its succulent stem has a swollen base and is clothed in grey-green leaves - although these may be shed in the winter. It is for the showy pink and white flowers however that it is most highly prized. These will often appear in two flushes each year, and each one can grow up to 5cm in diameter.
- Home care: Grow in freely draining compost in a bright spot that has some protection from direct sun during the hottest part of the day. Water moderately during growing season, but keep on the dry side during the winter.