Crocosmia and ribbed planter combination
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
Arching spikes of crimson-splashed, bright orange, freesia-like flowers appear in August and October among sword-like, mid-green leaves. These magnificent montbretia are perfect for a mixed border in a sheltered, sunny site. The wiry stems are self-supporting. For maximum impact plant in bold drifts in a sunny, sheltered site with moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil. It makes an excellent cut flower.
- Garden care: Resist removing the faded foliage in autumn and cover the crown of the plant with bracken or bark chips to protect the plant against frost damage. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring, planting the divided sections 8-10cm (3-4in) deep.
Produced from galvanised steel, with 3 Ø12mm holes in the base.
- Low: H29cm, Ø 54cm
|Buy all 4 items for the combination||This item should be despatched in stock||Total £66.96||Add To Bag|